We have a job vacancy for a Development Worker to join our Glasgow team.
Job title: Development Worker (Employability).
Hours: 35 hours per week, to be worked flexibly – will include office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm), some evenings and weekends.
Salary: £22,670-£26,300. It’s Move On policy to start on point one of the salary scale.
Location: FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland, 1070 South Street, G14 0AP, and Move On, 24 St Enoch Square, G1 4AA.
Responsible to: Assistant Manager.
We’re recruiting for a Development Worker to lead and develop the delivery of our range of employability programmes. The successful candidate will support young people and adults to access and sustain integrated employability programmes, gaining practical work experience and skills and vocational training, including SQA qualifications.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivery and development of Move On’s accredited employability training programmes for young people and adults;
- Delivery of employability training and programmes aimed at Move On volunteers;
- Co-ordinate training for adult trainees in paid placement programme;
- Supporting young people to complete vocational training and work experience in Move On’s FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland social enterprise;
- Establish good external relationships and develop links with statutory and voluntary organisations to promote and develop all of Move On’s services;
- Complete case recording, monitoring and evaluation using various case management systems and databases;
- Ensure that the safety and welfare of individuals are protected in accordance with Move On’s safeguarding policies and procedures;
- Liaise with other agencies and practitioners to ensure an integrated approach for all individuals receiving the service;
- Participate in team meetings, regular support and supervision meetings, and training;
- Undertake any other duties or tasks which may be reasonably considered within the remit of the post.
What Move On can offer you
- £22,670-£26,300 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays, increasing to 28 days + 9 after three years’ service (pro rata)
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Opportunity to have a hybrid working pattern
- Regular formal support
- Annual personal volunteering day
- Strong focus on promoting staff health and wellbeing, through an active staff-led Health and Wellbeing Group, with an allocated budget
- Training allowance and commitment to CPD
About Move On
We believe that we all need support at different times in our lives. For too many people a lack of opportunities is a barrier to reaching their full potential. We want to change that.
Our services offer everyone an equal chance to gain experience, skills and confidence, achieve personal goals and reach a brighter future. For one person that could be building the self-confidence to use public transport alone, for someone else it could be earning the qualifications they need to secure their first job.
Every day we support people in their next steps to live an independent and fulfilling life.
About FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland
FareShare works with the food and drink industry to save good quality surplus food from going to waste and distributes it to frontline organisations and community groups, including homeless hostels, refuges, children’s breakfast clubs, community centres and older people’s lunch clubs.
Move On manages the Glasgow and the West of Scotland FareShare regional centre. FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland offers a range of different training, volunteering and practical work experience opportunities for young people and adults.
How to apply
To apply for our Development Worker job vacancy to join our Glasgow team, please read the job description and person specification then send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Monday 5th June 2023.