While our offices are closed, we’re supporting our volunteer mentors and befrienders and young people to keep in regular contact via phone, text and video. We’ve also been sending some extra special parcels in the post!
Some of the parcels we’ve sent include:
- Baking ingredients, so our volunteers and young people can bake together over a video call, or bake separately then share photos of their cakes with each other afterwards;
- Mini allotment kits using egg boxes, soil and seeds to grow fresh vegetables at home;
- Family games night packs with board games, decks of cards and chocolate, to help young people and their families have fun together after school and work;
- Activity sets with colouring in books, puzzles and pens, so young people and their siblings can keep busy and cut down on screen time;
- COVID-19 time capsule booklet, so young people can write diary entries, interview friends and family members and draw pictures, all recording their time in lockdown to look back at later;
- Bird house activity set, including paints to decorate the house and materials to create a biodegradable bird feeder using a toilet roll, peanut butter and bird seed!
As well as helping young people to stay busy and entertained during lockdown, our parcels are a fun topic to chat to their mentors and befrienders about while they can’t meet up face-to-face.