Applications are now open for organisations to create Paid Work Placements in Glasgow and support people facing employment barriers.
Placements are open to public, private and third (or voluntary) sector employers in the city. At least 50% of the posts will be in the third or voluntary sector.
Employers can apply to host a Paid Work Placement online here. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 31st July 2023.
How do Paid Work Placements in Glasgow work?
- A maximum of 550 hours can be funded through the programme
- Placement duration is up to a maximum of 26 weeks
- The weekly hours of placement can be minimum of 16 hr/w and a maximum of 25 hr/w
- Employers creating placement opportunities are eligible to reclaim wages and other costs associated with the placement
- Participants can expect ongoing support and training to help them retain employment at the end of the placement
Further information for employers and employees
Full information and FAQs for employers and participants can be found on the GCVS website.
How is Move On involved?
As a partner in the Paid Work Placements programme, Move On will support employers and participants:
- Before placements start (e.g. interview preparation, identifying any additional support needs, etc.)
- During placements (i.e. working with employers and participants to ensure the Paid Work Placement is proceeding positively for both partners)
- At the end of placements (i.e. to support participants into positive next steps including education and employment)
Next steps for employers and participants
If you have any questions about Paid Work Placements in Glasgow please contact GCVS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers can complete their application to host a Paid Work Placement online through the GCVS website. Remember to upload your Paid Work Placement Job Description and Employer’s Liability Insurance certificate!
Participants can register their interest by email to email@example.com and GCVS will be in touch as soon as placements become available.