We deliver structured programmes of advice and information workshops in schools for vulnerable young people.
The workshops are delivered by our skilled development workers, supported by specialists in literacy and communication skills and financial inclusion work.
Many of our workshops also involve peer educators.
We tailor our programme structure and content to meet the individual needs of young people.
- Deliver half day, one off workshops on specific issues
- Deliver sessions as part of the school curriculum (e.g. over a double period)
- Run longer programmes – part time or full time – over a number of weeks
Young people who complete the workshops have the opportunity to gain:
- SCQF Level 3 and 4 Employability Award and SCQF Level 3 and 4 Personal Development Award
- Practical life skills
- Help to make realistic choices and positive decisions to prevent homelessness
- Support along the employability pipeline
Our advice and information workshops can help young people at crucial transition phases in their life, such as:
- School leavers who are disengaged from formal education and are at risk of leaving school without a positive destination
- Young people preparing to leave local authority care and live independently
- Young people leaving other residential institutions, such as residential schools, secure units and young offenders
- Young people who are looked after at home
If you’re interested in our school workshops, please contact:
- Stephen in our Edinburgh office on 0131 558 3740 or email@example.com
- Leighanne in our Glasgow office on 0141 221 2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org