Do you have the potential to become a Move On Volunteer?
- Are you aged 16-25 and unsure what you want to do with your future?
- Have you experienced homelessness, peer pressure, bullying, being in care or risk taking behaviour and would like to share your experiences with others?
- Would you like to increase your confidence and meet new people?
- Are you interested in having fun?!
What do Young Leaders do?
- Work as a Young Leader – that means visiting schools, young person centres and youth groups to do issue based group work;
- Share valuable experience and knowledge of homelessness, care and other life experiences;
- Help develop our service;
- Help to deliver a summer training programme for other young people;
- Volunteers can also choose to do a SCQF level 3 in Core Skills and Communication and a SCQF level 4 Personal Development Award – with loads of support and guidance from the friendly Move On staff!
So how do I become one?
- You need to meet someone from Move On a few times to make sure it’s right for you;
- You need to come along to our two week Easter training course, which will take place from 1pm – 4pm in our Edinburgh office on the following dates:
- Tuesday 3rd April
- Wednesday 4th April
- Friday 6th April
- Monday 9th April
- Wednesday 11th April
- Friday 13th April
- We will help you get a PVG form (which discloses any convictions);
- After the course you need to be able to attend a weekly Monday drop-in session from 1pm – 4pm for 12 weeks, followed by our summer programme starting 2nd July for six weeks, for 1½ days a week.
What you will get from us…
- Travel expenses and snacks are provided;
- A great training opportunity in a relaxed environment;
- Loads of help and guidance to support you through the course;
- A chance to meet new people who are interested in helping young people;
- Gain SQA accredited certificates on completion of the course;
- Graduation event to celebrate your achievements.
How to apply
Still interested? Call or text Stephen on 07787256833. Alternatively you can contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 558 3740.